When you love eating cheese, when you love eating cream, then there is no question of whether to Keto or not to Keto. The answer is simple – Keto with lots of cheese and cream is like a dream come true.
Dominique Rizzo and Fleur Sharpe’s Tips on why is eating Keto good for you?
The health benefits of a ketogenic diet are similar to those of other low-carb diets, but it’s more like a super-charged low-carb diet, maximizing the benefits.
All of us are looking for the easiest, most sustainable and healthiest way to achieve the body we have always wanted, to improve mental clarity, increase energy and motivation while decreasing kilos and inches. Keto is also beneficial in –
- Slowing Down The Aging Process
- Improve GI Performance and Digestion
- Increase Daily Energy
- Decreases Inflammation Which Improves Acne, Arthritis, IBS and more)
- Improve Cognitive Function and sleep
- Increase Mental Clarity (increases memory, cognition and clarity) and daily performance
- Improves immune system and aids in the prevention of heart disease.
Now to the practical side of preparing a Keto food plan when life is busy.
That’s where the Low Carb Keto Workshop at Putia Cooking School kicks in with some super easy recipes to cook that are sustaining and nutritious like the Keto Coconut Porridge, the Egg Crepes with Avocado, the Almond Cream Cheese Pancakes, the Creamy Chicken with Basil Pesto and Zucchini Ribbons, Keto Crackers
and the piece do resistance – the Melted Brie with Basil Pesto and tomatoes. A cheese-lovers dream!
Get started with Plan A:
Mozzarella Bagels Recipe
Makes 10 x 170g bagels
550g almond flour
2 tsp baking powder GF
4 teaspoon xantham gum
5 large egg
750g grated mozzarella
1 cup mixed chopped herbs
300g cream cheese
1 wooded salt spoon of salt
Preheat oven to 170c.
In a NON STICK pot at level 4 on induction – slowly melt the cream cheese and mozzarella together until fully combined and completely melted. Use a rubber spatula to stir.
In a large bowl mix together the almond flour, xantham gum, chopped herbs and baking powder. Whisk the eggs then add the eggs to the almond mix and mix together with your fingers until just combined – do not knead or over mix.
Pour the melted cheese mix to the almond flour mix and with your hands until well combined, turn out onto a clean bench and knead for a couple of minutes until the cheese is mixed well into the almond meal. Dust the bench with a little more almond flour. Divide the dough into 170g portions and then roll these into a sausage about 23 cm long. Join the two ends together turning the roll into a bagel shape. Place onto a tray lined with paper. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough. Brush with tops with butter bake in the oven for approx. 15 minutes until golden, allow to cool on a wire rack then pack into container and cover.
Herbed Cream Cheese
1kg cream cheese
4 tblsp Dijon mustard
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 cups mixed herbs – parsley, lemon thyme, chives – finely chopped
½ cup water
½ tsp white pepper
½ tsp salt
Combine all ingredients together except the herbs and blend until smooth. Add in the herbs and just blend until combined.
And if Plan A doesn’t work out (too busy, too hungry) then skip to Plan B:
let Putia cook Keto* for you;
take-away Keto for dinner;
take-away Mozzarella bagels and have them for a snack with eggs and avocado.
* A snapshot of what Keto at Putia looks like – so many dishes to choose from:
- Big Italian Breakfast (skip the sourdough)
- Italian Omelette
- PLT Mozzarella bagel
- Smoked salmon salad with roast pumpkin, charred cauliflower, blackened onion and spinach
- Parmigiana, Italian chicken, prosciutto, artichokes alla Romana and nona’s sugo
- Zucchini pasta, roasted pumpkin, charred onion, pumpkin seeds, baby spinach, sesame tahini sauce
- Crispy herb crusted Mozzarella bites with sugo.If you want to know more about Keto workshops at Putia Cooking School, be the first to know when more workshops are released. Subscribe here.